Best Management Practices
Click to download the Pre-wetting and Anti-icing – Techniques for Winter Road Maintenance, Wisconsin Transportation Information Center
Click to download Salt Application Rate Tables for Parking Lot and Sidewalks, Minnesota Pollution Control Board
How to Calibrate a Salt Spreader
How Deicers Work - Ohio DOT
Webinar: Get Salt Wise with Private Contractors
Webinar: Mayo Clinic Says, "Hold the Salt"
- Video: Part 1 – Winter Maintenance Training for Small Sites, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA)
- Video: Part 2 – Winter Maintenance Training for Small Sites, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA)
- Manual: Winter Parking Lot and Sidewalk Maintenance Manual, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA)
- Manual: Minnesota Snow and Ice Control: Field Handbook for Snowplow Operators, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA)
- Snow Management Plan Template, Salt Smart, coming soon
The Salt Institute is a North American based, non-profit trade association dedicated to advocating the many benefits of salt, particularly to ensure winter roadway safety, quality water and healthy nutrition.
WI Salt Wise
WI Salt Wise is a coalition of organizations from across Dane County, WI working together to reduce salt pollution in lakes, streams and drinking water. Their primary goals are to: educate residents, leaders and winter maintenance professionals on salt pollution and solutions, provide training and promote best practices to reduce salt pollution and recognize contractors committed to using the right amount of salt for conditions.