Winter De-Icing Workshops
Click here to view the workshops we offer for parking lot and sidewalk winter maintenance, as well as other regional salt and chloride focused events.
Click to download the Pre-wetting and Anti-icing – Techniques for Winter Road Maintenance, Wisconsin Transportation Information Center
Click to download Chapter 8: Winter Snow and Ice Operations, McHenry County, Illinois
Click to download Salt Application Rate Tables for Parking Lot and Sidewalks, Minnesota Pollution Control Board
Click to download the Calibration Log, Salt Smart
Click to download the Salt Brine Phase Diagram, Federal Highway Administration
- Video: How Deicers Work, Ohio DOT
- Video: Part 1 – Winter Maintenance Training for Small Sites, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA)
- Video: Part 2 – Winter Maintenance Training for Small Sites, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA)
- Manual: Winter Parking Lot and Sidewalk Maintenance Manual, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA)
- Manual: Minnesota Snow and Ice Control: Field Handbook for Snowplow Operators, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA)
- Snow Management Plan Template, Salt Smart, coming soon
Chloride-focused social media messaging and images for communities can be found here.
The Salt Institute is a North American based, non-profit trade association dedicated to advocating the many benefits of salt, particularly to ensure winter roadway safety, quality water and healthy nutrition.
WI Salt Wise is a coalition of organizations from across Dane County, WI working together to reduce salt pollution in lakes, streams and drinking water. Their primary goals are to: educate residents, leaders and winter maintenance professionals on salt pollution and solutions, provide training and promote best practices to reduce salt pollution and recognize contractors committed to using the right amount of salt for conditions.